Regulations for Entering and Participating
The 20th International Student Film Festival – International Student Film Competition
Registration & film submission deadline: January 31st, 2019
Screening copies of accepted films deadline: April 15th, 2019
- The festival accepts to the International Competition only student films produced in school programs, universities or professional institutes.
- Registration of films can only be done by the school's representative.
- The festival accepts films in the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Experimental and Hybrid.
- Each school may submit up to 3 films, each up to 30 minutes in length.
- Films submitted must have been completed between January 2018 and January 2019.
- The festival accepts work-in-progress films that are Picture lock (before post production). Rough cuts are not considered.
- Films must include English subtitles, including English speaking films.
- Films submitted to the festival in the past cannot be submitted again.
Registration & Film Submission
- Registration and film submission is possible starting December 3rd on the following website, Password: intlcomp
- Films should be submitted on the website as online screeners (Vimeo or YouTube) or sent as a file to download. No hard copies for consideration are accepted.
- A password must be provided for protected films. If there is a change in the password after submission, please inform the festival.
- Prior to sending, please make sure the link is correct and working.
- An SRT file in English must be submitted upon registrations.
- The festival will conduct pre-selection for the competition. The festival will decide on the participating films and will not provide feedback on films that were not selected.
- Notifications regarding the selection for the competition will be delivered during March 2019.
- Winners of the competition will be awarded by the International Student Film Festival.
- The format accepted is DCP – Digital Cinema Package only.
- The screening file must be send by mail. Hard copies only are accepted.
- The Hard Drive sent must contain only the DCP of the version of the film (CPL) that will be screened in the festival.
It is strongly recommended that each DCP gets a Total Quality Check (TQC) before sending it.
2k & 4k DCP are both accepted, but 4k DCP will be screened as 2K.
24 fps & 25 fps DCP are both accepted.
- Audio Channel
2.0 Channel tracks (stereo) or 5.1 Channel tracks (Surround) are both accepted.
Only non-encrypted DCP are accepted (no KDMs).
All films selected for the festival must be screened in their original language with burned English Subtitles on the frame. The festival will add electronic subtitles in Hebrew to the accepted films. These will appear on a separate screen under the main screen. The English SRT files attached in the submission must match the burned subtitles.
Here is an example SRT file:
00:02:17,440 –> 00:02:20,375
Senator, we're making
our final approach into Coruscant.
00:02:20,476 –> 00:02:22,501
Very good, Lieutenant.
Shipping of screening material to the festival
- Screening copies can be sent only via shipping.
- Screening copies will be returned at the end of the festival. Delegations may collect their films in Israel after the last screening of the festival. All uncollected films will be sent back by the festival within three months of the festival’s closing. If you wish to guarantee an earlier arrival of your prints, you may request an alternative shipping method. In this case, shipping costs will be charged to the school’s account.
By entering the film into the festival:
- The copyright owners of the film authorize a free reproduction of stills and excerpts (maximum 3 minutes) for any of the festival publications and promotional materials.
- The copyright owners of the film authorize up to three screenings of the film in an Israeli local TV channel or any other media for festival promotion purposes, during the festival and after it.
- The copyright owners authorize that the winning films will be used for internal marketing and preservation needs.
- You represent and warrant that: you own the content or otherwise have the right to grant the license and (ii) the content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any content embedded in the film.
Participants and Accommodation
- Students whose films have been selected will be invited to the festival and hosted by local film students. Accommodation and one meal a day will be provided by the festival.
For more details:
Gali Semo & Nataya Cassirer
International Competition Directors
Gali: +972-54-2223776 | Nataya: +972-54-2229906